This drink is simple, elegant and inventive. Its base is New Amsterdam Straight Gin, which is not as heavy on the juniper as a traditional gin would be and mixes better with the Meyer Lemon and tarragon without overpowering them. Three quarters of an ounce of St. Germaine adds a nice floral note as well.
Recipe after the jump.
Meyer Lemon and Tarragon Martini (original recipe by Mallory Lance)
- 2 oz. New Amsterdam Straight Gin
- 3/4 oz. St. Germaine
- 1 1/2 oz. Meyer Lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- Small bunch of tarragon
1. Muddle the tarragon in a sturdy glass. Add the gin, St. Germaine, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker and add the tarragon.
2. Add ice. Shake and strain into a saucer champagne glass or a martini glass.
3. Garnish with sprig of tarragon and Meyer lemon twist.