This is one of the most refreshing summer drinks and is perfect for cooling you down in the August heat. The cucumber and mint go really well with Hendrick’s gin and the cocktail is great for entertaining guests. You could probably even multiply the recipe by six and make a pitcher.
Recipe after the jump.
Gin Cucumber Mint Fizzy(original recipe)
Each recipe makes one drink. It helps if you have some bar equipment like a jigger to make measurements and a cocktail shaker, but if you have a shot glass that will work too- most shot glasses hold 1.5 oz of liquid
- 2 oz. Hendrick’s gin
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 1 cup of ice
- 5-6 leaves of fresh mint
- 4 slices of persian or kirby cucumber
- 1 lemon wheel
- Club soda or sparkling water
1. Assemble your ingredients. Wash the mint and remove the leaves from the stems. Slice the cucumbers into thin slices. Slice the lemon into wheels. Squeeze the lemons to
2. If you already have simple syrup, you can skip this step, but if you don’t, combine equal parts granulated sugar and water and heat over a medium flame until all of the sugar dissolves and the liquid is clear. Allow to cool and put in a bottle or jar to store.
3. Take three slices of cucumber and the mint and muddle it in the bottom of your glass until crushed and juicy.
4. Add the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
5. Fill the cocktail to the top of the glass with ice cubes. Shake vigorously in a cocktail shaker for fifteen seconds or so and return the mixture to the glass. Top with sparkling water.
6. Garnish with the lemon wheel, cucumber slice and a sprig of mint.