This is a simple recipe for a weeknight meal. You can serve it with some arugula with radishes and lemon juice like I did, or some steamed green beans or asparagus. It’s pretty quick and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, and it makes moist chicken with delicious crispy skin.
Recipe after the jump.
Skillet Chicken Thighs with Lemon and Herbs (original recipe)
- 4 chicken thighs with bones in and skin on
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, sliced into wheels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp herbes de provence
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4-6 fresh sage leaves
- salt and pepper
1. Wash the chicken thighs, dry, and rub with garlic and herbes de provence. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet to medium-high. Put chicken thighs in, bone side down and sear for 4-5 minutes until golden on the bottom. Flip them over.
3. Add the fresh rosemary, sage, and lemons. Cook for another 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Flip them once more, and put in the oven. Bake in the center of the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350.
5. Serve and pour pan drippings, herbs and lemons on top of chicken.