Last fall, I made apple cider syrup and used it in everything from drinks to doughnuts. Now, I have developed something even more fall-like and maybe even more delicious, pumpkin spice syrup. You can use it in baked goods, or to make a delicious pumpkin spice old fashioned (more below) and
I’m currently in development on the I just finished developing the best recipe for a home made pumpkin spice latte using the delicious syrup.
Recipe after the jump.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup (original recipe by Mallory Lance)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 scant cup of sugar + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 heaping tablespoon of pumpkin puree (make sure it is finely strained, or use Libby’s out of the can)
- Either 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or: 1 pinch ground cloves + 1/4 tsp cinnamon + 1/8 tsp nutmeg+ 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Over medium heat, combine the water and the sugars. Stir until dissolved.
2. Add the pumpkin and the spices and continue to stir constantly. Keep it over the heat for about 5-8 minutes, stirring well until it all comes together.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Allow to cool significantly before pouring it into an airtight bottle. Store in the fridge.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- 2 oz strong freshly brewed espresso
- 2 oz pumpkin spice syrup
- 1 cup milk
- cinnamon for dusting
- optional whipped cream topping
1. Brew the espresso, using a french press if possible. Use 4 tbsp ground espresso to 2/3 cups water for two lattes.
2. Steam the milk. For the best home made steamed milk, pour cold milk into a mason jar, screw the lid on and shake vigorously for a minute until it has proliferated and gotten really airy. Then microwave for 30 seconds to a minute until warm.
3. Pour the espresso and pumpkin spice syrup into the steamed milk and add a dash of cinnamon to the top. Enjoy.
Pumpkin Spiced Old Fashioned
- 2 oz rye or bourbon
- 1/2 to 3/4 oz. pumpkin spice syrup depending on how sweet you like your cocktails
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 orange twist for garnish
1. Combine the whiskey, pumpkin spice syrup and bitters in a tall glass and stir well over ice until chilled. Strain over a rocks glass with fresh ice and garnish with an orange twist.
- yackieyacks likes this
- thetinyapartment reblogged this from mallorylance
- kindakaity likes this
- chrystall reblogged this from mallorylance and added:
- doclendaniel likes this
- aliesunny likes this
- reinkern likes this
- lizizzleforizzle likes this
- the-poet-shall-die likes this
- mallorylance posted this